Simple camping snacks
- Trail mix – Simple and easy, trail mix has been a favorite camping snack for years. With no cooking or cleaning dishes it is a great choice. Trail mix can be pre-purchased before your trip or made from scratch and since its long lasting you do not have to wait to get it just before your trip. A bonus is there are many ways to make trail mix including nuts, fruit, or chocolate. With the variety of styles there is something for everyone and if you can not find what you want you can always mix up your own version.
- Granola Bars – another simple and easy snack for camping that is also long lasting so you can get it ahead of time and do not need to prep anything. Similar to trail mix there is a lot of choices and variety in granola bars, just be mindful of chocolate ones as they can melt in the packaging and become very messy if not stored in a cooler place.
- Fruit snacks – Great for kids and easy to transport. You can take as many or as little as you want if you want to go for a walk.
- Pumpkin/sunflower/sesame seeds – A great snack you can take around with you. You can grab a bag and eat out of it or split it up if you are on the go. Another snack that does not require prep work.
- Popcorn – Another traditional camping snack is popcorn. You can cook it on a camping stove or over the fire using tinfoil. You can bring some seasoning of your choice and add in on top to get your preferred flavor.
- Smores – Whenever someone thinks of campfire they think of roasted marshmallows. While roasted marshmallows are great ,smores are better. All you need is chocolate and graham crackers.
- Loaded cheese fries – Love loaded cheese fries? You can make them while camping all you need is some tinfoil. Put in your fries, add the cheese and anything else you have on your loaded fries and cook away. You can individualize them by making smaller ones for everyone with what they like on the loaded fries.
- Cinnamon rolls – While these are not your traditional cinnamon buns, you can get all the flavor and tastiness of them. You take a crescent roll and wrap them around a skewer and roll it over your cinnamon and sugar mix and cook it over the fire. Once cooked you can add the glaze and enjoy.
Fun camping themed snacks
- Campfire Marshmallow milkshakes – If you want to theme your snack a campfire marshmallow milkshake is a great drink for this. Its straightforward in the ingredients as all you need is ice cream, milk, marshmallows, and graham crackers. You blend it up, pour, and enjoy. If you want to add a bit you can place a marshmallow and graham cracker on top.
- Worms and dirt pie – Another great camping themed snack that kids will love is worms and dirt. You can take some pudding, add some crushed-up chocolate sandwich cookies and mix it up. Add some gummy worms and your ready to eat.
Check out more camping ideas, news, blogs and more here